Thursday, September 2, 2010

rainy Manila mornings

I usually wake up at around 6:30am to get my son's school snacks ready, have some quiet time on the computer and maybe even a few minutes with the hubby before he leaves for work.

With the start of our rainy season, it has gotten harder and harder to get up. Today, I was up at 7 and it took all my strength to pull myself ot of bed. The clouds were thick and dark and the rain was coming down steadily. I wanted to crawl back under the covers and cuddle up next to my kids, and spend the day making pillow forts.

Apparently, my son had the same idea. It was crazy trying to get him out of bed to go to school. He, king of "I don't want to sleep," whined and begged and pleaded for me to let him get back to sleep. As my mother in law was picking him up to go to school, I didn't see a chance for the little guy. She owns the school, so he's gotta be there ON TIME.

In full pajamas, I picked him up, carried him to the car and buckled him in. I handed her his school clothes and waved them buh-bye, the sad whines of a sleepy boy still in my ears.

Sometimes I love rainy days, sometimes I just hate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment