Friday, September 10, 2010

the events surrounding the birth of our little Hero 1

Hubby and I were completely surprised that I was pregnant. We were sure we wanted a 2nd child, but didn't think it would happen so soon. We'd been having a few little fights here and there, and I guess it was "the honeymoon's over" kind of phase.

I was hesitant to tell my friends and family. Our son was 1, but he'd be 2 and 3 months when the baby was born. I wasn't sure I was ready to have two kids in diapers.

But I took a deep breath, and a few days, and the nausea struck. Along with it was the thrill. A baby!

Our friends and family welcomed the news, some had even guessed before the announcement. Perhaps it was the eight shades of green I fluctuated between throughout the day. 
Hubby and I took every teachable moment to tell our son that he's soon be an ahia, a big brother. We showed him the fun his cousins had together. we bought books with siblings in them. For the record, "The Bobsey Twins" are not for 2 year olds.

But he somehow learned, and he loved the idea.
Our friend took this picture for a slideshow on how our church group is growing. (photo by Cres Yulo)

No comments:

Post a Comment